Saturday, February 02, 2008

babies and us

For the third Friday running, my female owner visited St James Bellini Room. This time, she went with her ex-colleagues who took time to have a farewell nightout with her. As usual, my female owner enjoyed herself very much, largely because she was with people whom she really love and appreciate and secondarily, because she got high on champagne, without the usual fainting part. That's a first, coz she usually knocks out whenever she goes drinking with her potato friend. Her tolerance leverl has reached a new height!

Last night, my female owner tried to find an adoptive parent for us and started asking around the table. K said no animals in his house, potato rejected her flat. So did eggplant. My female owner then asked her clever friend (the one who drove her to visit me in hospital last year and who told her the meaning of nookie) if he was willing to adopt me since he had seen me before. (She also decided to change her strategy coz asking people to take care of one turtle would probably be easier than asking people to take care of all four of us.)

Upon hearing her request, her clever friend laughed and said, "I don't think Nooki would want me, even if I want her".

....................

So sad. It is like people who think that babies are cute, only if they don't have to look after the baby. So people read about us on this blog and enjoy the stories... but don't want to look after us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your turtle shell patterns give me OCD!!!

Potato

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook