Saturday, February 16, 2008

love

It's 4am and my female owner is still awake. Her mother is asleep in her room, snoring away, resting before her flight home to Singapore. All of a sudden, the realisation hits her. This would be the last time she hears her mother snoring until my female owner returns to Singapore (unspecific date).

My female owner spent the last 2 weeks with her mother, almost 24/7. It was probably the most intensive and intimate time she ever had with her mother since she reached adulthood. At 58, her mother would be close to retirement, but yet, her mother is still working so hard, just to see my female owner through her postgraduate dreams.

This period had been a refreshing and enriching time for both mother and daughter I suppose. To experience her mother's selfless acts of love, through the various things she did; to be able to settle the things she needs to, knowing that her mother is fully behind her (sometimes literally, coz her mother would follow her wherever she went, even though she can't walk fast); to see the persevering and fighting spirit in her mother, for she simply wanted the best for my female owner and to spend more time with her.

There's nothing greater than a mother's love. There's nothing more hurtful than a child's indifference to a mother's love.

....

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook