Tuesday, February 05, 2008

farewell

It has been two days since my female owner left us. A number of her friends from different segments of her life took time to send her off at the airport. The cheeky ones from aikido bet if my female owner would cry. Of course, some won and some lost. For some reasons, the non-aikido friends started teasing her about her aikido instructor. Coz he came and once introduction was completed, headed straight towards the table where my female owner's father (and family) sat to talk to him (like what a boyfriend would do). Must clarify that the aikido instructor is a natural social butterfly, that's why he went to the family to speak to them (same age group, he said). My female owner's Second Onli Fren aka Donkey, came in classic diva manner, like 5 minutes before she had to go in. Her Onli Fren came, and despite so many farewell treats and organising the farewell party, blessed her again with a cutesy turtle Swatch watch. Now she has two watches (L also gave her one) to see her through her studies. Her JC friends claimed (after she went in and they started an sms exhange) that they were headed off to Terminal 3 - the actual highlight of the day. They are certainly not the most emotional of friends. P must have been so traumatised by my female owner's leaving that she misplaced her handphone and forgot to bring the card which she had painstakenly wrote. L, in her usual sentimental fashion, wrote a note in an organiser and gave it to her. Her hubby was also there, giving support. SC came smiling as usual and handed her a super long letter and jelly beans (which my female owner managed to bring over). There were also several smses, MSNs and calls that came in during the day, wishing my female owner all the best, bon voyages etc. So sweet of her friends. I don't think my female owner ever bothered to send anyone off in any manner in the past...

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook