Saturday, February 16, 2008

saw

I saw my female owner today! Really. I wasn't hallucinating. She was having her nightly chat with her father when she requested to "see her turtles". Her father, ever full of love, obliged. Out of four of us, he picked me up from my usual haunt under the Trolley and brought me in front of the video camera to greet my female owner.

I was so happy to see her. My female owner still looks the same. Just a little rounder around the face (hmm... she must have been eating well) and darker too (never saw her so brown before, what has she been doing?!).

Anyway, she squeaked in delight to see me and pointed excitedly at me "yes! This is the fat turtle!" So much for a warm greeting.

Nanook was a tad upset that she was not chosen to see my female owner. Dodo had to explain to her gently that she was probably too heavy and chunky (must he use that word?) for my female owner's father to pick up with one hand and be brought to the video camera. She felt indignant and argued that he could have used both hands to carry her, the way my female owner used to do.

Oh well... gloomy weather in the Balcony.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook