Wednesday, February 06, 2008

not the same

It's Chinese New Year! We are left alone in Singapore with our female owner's father. The house is really quiet, but I suppose this is something we need to get used to. It's really strange. In the past, our female owner was rarely at home and even if she was home, she hardly spent more than 10 minutes with us at any one time. Now that she is gone, we should be able to adjust to her absence fairly quickly. Somehow, it's just different, knowing that she's not going to pop into the Balcony at random times to pat us on our heads or to stroke our necks. It's just not the same anymore.

Within 8 months, we lose our closest human relationships. It's like a family where the parents undergo a divorce and the children are called for by the mum, only to lose her a few months later and be sent to an adoptive home.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook