Friday, January 22, 2010

cleaned

My female owner finally reached Brisbane. We miss her already. Before she left yesterday, she managed to give us all a body scrub as promised. Exfoliated our dead skin. Some of us (like me) have more sensitive skin and shell. So we react badly to the turtlehandling. But the aftermath is so euphoric. Squeaky clean. We turtles feel as if our pores are unclogged and our skin is breathing easier.

My female owner also got her mother to cut our nails. This is a yearly nightmare which I do not want to dwell too much about it. I shall refer you to what happened last year as an indication of what happened this year. Although I must say, the only casualty this year was Dodo who bled from his front paw and left trails of blood stains all over the Balcony because he couldn’t keep still.

Ah, we are ready for Chinese New Year!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook