Monday, January 18, 2010

home alone

My female owner is finally back from Cambodia! She scooted off on Thursday with her parents, leaving us turtles home alone. She was prepared to allow us to go without food until Sunday but divine intervention had it that her part-time cleaner was able to come to the house on Saturday and hence, was tasked to feed us turtles.

Phew. We didn’t go hungry.

My female owner says Cambodia was a lovely time, especially the part about being able to spend it with her parents. The last time she went on a holiday with both of them was in 2004 to South Africa. Then, it was a packaged tour and they were at the mercies of a dodgy tour agency who left them stranded without a tour guide and a tight schedule to follow.

This time, my female owner planned the itinerary and was able to include things that would interest her parents. Her travelling mantra, go as friends and come back as greater friends, was not really relevant in this trip. Anyway, it is great to see that they have come back as a family, hopefully more strongly bonded.

So scary to be home alone for so long.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook