Friday, January 01, 2010

blue moon

My female owner finally did not have any social appointments today and purposefully stayed home to be with her parents (and us turtles). Her dad came home during lunch time and saw a subdued daughter in the living room. He couldn’t help but laughed aloud if my female owner had reached the “z” of her friends.

He left for work and came back at dinner time and saw the same subdued daughter in the living room and commented gleefully that tonight, there is a blue moon, how come so δΉ–, never go out?

Ah, so I decided to look up the meaning of a blue moon and got the following results.

blue moon
n.

  1. The third full moon in a three-month calendrical season that has four full moons.
  2. The second of two full moons occurring in the same month.
  3. Informal A relatively long period of time: I haven't seen you in a blue moon.

[Sense 2, probably from the rare occurrence whereby the moon appears blue from high amounts of dust in the atmosphere, as from a volcanic eruption.]

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook