Saturday, January 02, 2010

fence

My female owner, while optimistic about the new year, has been moody because of the need to decide on her latest issue. Already, you know that she is bad at making small decisions. Needless to say, “crossroads decisions” are the hardest for her to handle effectively.

My female owner honestly does not know what to make of her situation.

Her parents saw it as an answered prayer (i.e. take it up!) and mum even said something like my female owner can renovate her room when she returns. My female owner couldn’t see the relevance or how that was supposed to be enticing for her.

Her supervisor said “congratulations!” Three years bond is reasonable for the terms being offered.

Impromptu frens said her market value is higher than what is being offered. So no go.

Therapist Fren asked her to figure out what her goals in life are. Her views were echoed by Onli Fren. Therapist style, neutral stance.

I-Fren argued that it didn’t make sense financially to give it up. And questioned if my female owner had alternative ideas/ offers that would offset the humongous expenditure.

Potahto pointed out that it would be easier to get an overseas job immediately after graduation whereas the local hospital will always be around. And of course, prospects of working overseas is more appealing.

What is clear is that there are two very distinct camps offering divergent views and my female owner is still sitting precariously on the fence. Everything either makes sense or there are counter-arguments to the point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pray and listen from above and from within. Not from friends.

lilies said...

Once you've prayed, make the decision you feel the most at peace with. You'll probably never know if it was the best. Probably that's what faith and trust are.

confused turtle said...

thanks, anonymous and lilies...

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook