Saturday, January 23, 2010

planning

My female owner described the feeling of returning to her house in Brisbane as similar to someone who suffered a traumatic brain injury, spent some months recuperating in hospital, and returning home to find things vaguely familiar. That’s the difference she says, between Singapore and Brisbane. Returning to Singapore is as if she never left. Going back to Brisbane is as if she entered a different timezone, where she needs time to adjust and maybe, self-convincing that things will turn out ok.

Given these pro-Singapore-ambivalent-Brisbane feelings, I can’t help but wonder why she cried so hard when she decided that she should take on the offer (which means saying bye to Brisbane for good). What caused the emo-ness then? I think she is just mixed-up inside.

Anyway, now that she has oozed into Brisbane life for three days and done some brainless things, my female owner is finally ready to embark on some rudimentary planning for 2010. At the very least, she intends to set some goals, do some budgeting and accounting.

Quick do, its almost the end of Jan!!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook