Thursday, January 28, 2010

numbing

Anxiety hits you in two main ways it seems. One, you do whatever you can to make sure that the worst does not happen. Two, you get paralysed by fear, that you avoid doing anything. My female owner, a long-standing winner in the field of anxiety, swings both ways.

Today, she was griped with a numbing fear that she would not be able to meet up with the demands of her extended placement and writing a 50k-word thesis, in the midst of managing the daily hassles of life. It’s numbing because the fear paralyses her from doing any constructive. Magnifies her self-doubts and consumes her, as she wrestles with her inner thoughts.

Until she realises that someone sent her an e-card, with the message from Matthew 6: 25,33

“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will puton. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

But seek first the kingdom of God and Hid righteousness and all these things shall be added to you.”

How timely…

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook