Thursday, April 17, 2008

trauma

This is not for the faint-hearted..

On the day my female owner abandoned us for her studies (note the bitterness in my choice of words, we are still sore about it), she asked her mother to trim our nails. Some of our nails have been growing really long and they impede the ease of our movements, by their mere existence. Her mother had trimmed Dona's nails before, so she's our in-house manicurist/ pedicurist.

I think it must be an emotional day coz my female owner's mother "miscued" many times, and the Balcony ended up looking like a murder scene..

Dodo, after the ordeal. See his nails? And his dull expression? That's how a traumatised turtle looks like.
This is me, not looking any better......because I was left with bleeding toe-nails.This was Nanook's nails, before being trimmed. Note the length and the way the nails are growing.
This is the aftermath of the trim. Notice the blood spots - the incision was too deep. Whatever that my female owner's mother managed to trim off. My female owner kept screaming, as she held us in her hands. I'm not sure what scared us more, being manhandled by her mother and her, or hearing her scream.
The murder scene. I can tell you that none of us were happy after that. We were already feeling lousy that our female owner was going away. We had to deal with physical AND emotional pain. Us resting. That's Nanook on top of Dodo. My brothers are brooding, backside facing the world. I'm not in the picture.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook