Saturday, April 12, 2008

BGR

Last night, my female owner attended a BGR seminar which was organized by her church. (Wahaha. She’s still into such things?! Why did she even bother going?) A few church leaders spoke on how to choose a suitable partner based on biblical principles. The content was nothing new to her; the questions asked during the Q&A, juvenile (having “been there done that”).

At the same time, the content reminded her of the several mistakes she made in the past in this area of her life, especially the “non-negotiables” she compromised on. Although there were many times during the relationship when my female owner had a nagging feeling that one day, she would look back and kick herself for staying so long in it, my female owner refused to give up on the relationship because she thought that love would cover all cracks. Now she’s kicking herself.

Anyway, my female owner felt over-aged in that lecture theatre, which was probably filled with an audience of largely undergraduates who may not have been in any BGR before. However, she was struck by the insights and wisdom of the speakers whom she reckoned to be about the same age as her. Ah, if only she had spent her time on more worthy causes in the past. Now she feels like an immature child in an adult body.

Time to start growing up!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook