Thursday, April 17, 2008

catchup

My female owner managed to catch her aikido instructor online today. He had been largely missing due to his work. Although the conversation was short, it was oozing with warmth. Ever since she left, her aikido instructor started using the term “my dear” to address her. For many reasons, it warms my female owner’s heart to hear that. And he is the only male friend whom my female owner actually says directly that “I miss you”. Although my female owner has intimacy issues, she probably found it easier to be expressive with him since he’s old enough to be her father.
At her farewell party, my female owner took this photo, to capture his hands, the hands that guided her from a white-belt who struggled through her psychomotor and visual-spatial deficits to learn the basic techniques, to her current belt (and still slow in picking up new things!). Over the couple of years, he showed her such patience and love and created so many good memories for her. At times, they would also exchange tales about their pets (i.e. his dogs and us!).

On a related note, I know my female owner still misses her aikido friends very much. The feelings intensify on Monday evenings (if she goes for aikido training in Brisbane) and every Tuesday evenings till night (coz that's the time she would be at aikido class in Singapore). She chats with her aikido friends but nothing beats training, having suppers (totally unheard of Brisbane) and going out together (not to mention, those nights at St James).

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook