Monday, April 14, 2008

grace

My female owner received a huge dose of grace today. At the 11th hour, she asked her Intuitive Fren if he was willing to be her “troublesome” guinea pig for her to practice doing an assessment on (my female owner needed to practice administering the WAIS-III - an IQ assessment which lasts for anything between 2-3 hours for a real client - for a role-play assessment this Friday).

He agreed without knowing the full extent of what he was in for (maybe he would not have agreed otherwise!) and I bet all his intuition didn’t prepare him for what was to come. 11 tests spread over 4 hours (my owner actually said she needed 2 hours), being confronted with question after question at the most inopportune time of the day (ie end of the day), having to “dumb down” but think of ways to be difficult at the same time, having dinner delayed but yet overdosing on Starburst candies, listening to my female owner’s half-past six accent (wahaha! I don’t think I will be able to recognise her voice if she doesn’t come back soon.) and trying to respond accordingly.

At the end of the prolonged session (I think my female owner lost steam faster than him), he even had the energy to provide her with feedback on the way she spoke, delivered the tests and her general posture (not to mention, also helped her with her pronunciation!). The feedback was enlightening and would definitely enable her to polish up on her professionalism and presentation skills.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook