Monday, December 11, 2006

all that was needed was a poke

my female owner was livid yesterday. You see, Dona followed my fine example and he had a prolapse too. The difference was, his male organ (erm.. i don't have to explain too much right?) was also hanging out. So, coming out of his tail on the right side was his anus and the left side was his male organ.

My female owner was very upset when she saw it. She started whining to my male owner about how come every one of us was taking turns to fall sick, that it was so expensive to bring us to the vet (remember my grand bill?) and so troublesome to take leave to bring us there. (Believe me, if I had a choice, I wouldnt want to be ill too!). Anyway, my dear male owner (yes, the one I cheated by pretending to be super active) tried to calm her down and finally, they prayed over Dona. Again, they adopted a "wait-and-see" approach.

Fast forward to today. Dona's condition remained the same. My owners wanted to bring Dona to the vet as early as possible coz they figured that early treatment would cost less. They obviously remembered how they waited for one week before bringing me to the vet and ended up with a huge medical bill. As they were tiptoeing out of the house with Dona, my female owner's mother questioned them about their movements and started to become as hysterical as my female owner yesterday. You see, she never believed in spending money on vet visits and would always scold my owners for "wasting money". She claimed that all Dona needed was a poke to stuff his internal organs back up his tail.

You know what? She was right! It took a grand total of FIVE seconds to reverse the prolapse. Later on, she even gave Dona a manicure by clipping off his extremely long nails.

My lucky brother, was healed almost instantly, whereas I had to endure a week of prolapse, no appetite, surgery and stitches, awful medication and weird tasting food, and multiple visits to the vet and endless scolding from my female owner and the list goes on. All because, the in-house vet a.k.a. my female owner's mother was on holiday when I was ill. Life's unfair.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am traumatised by the shocking pink intestines (or maybe I should be adjusting my screen colours). I still like your toy turtles better. Real ones ain't for the faint-hearted!

Nooki said...

heh. you didnt see the pink intestines that turned fungus after being exposed to the outside world for a few days. that was gross.

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook