Tuesday, December 26, 2006

it's Christmas!

Today is Christmas! Yeah. No presents from my owners (I mean, what can you get for four terrapins who do bascially nothing but eat and sleep right?) but it's the feeling to being loved and cared for which makes all of us happy. My male owner came over again and we always look forward to seeing him because he is more generous with the food. Ha. Anyway, my female owner played her part too and gave the balcony a good scrub. As usual, dodo was so happy to see our beloved owners that he followed them around the balcony like a happy dog. Sometimes he would even climb onto their feet while they are mopping the floor. I'm not sure what he is trying to say through this action but my owners sure love it, especially the female one.

Female Owner (FO): "You see you see, Dodo is walking out to greet us again."
Male Owner (MO): "Yah, I see him".
FO: "See, MY turtle is so grateful to us. What happened to yours? Where are they?"
MO looks around and sees me and Nanook snoozing away in the shade.
MO (in a not-so-sure voice): "Err...they are resting?"
MO looks at us desperately, hoping that we will move to show our appreciation but nah...rest is more important.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook