Saturday, December 23, 2006

the rainy season

The rainy season finally reached hot and humid Singapore. The largest downpour to hit Singapore in 75 years arrived on Tuesday, 19 Dec. The heavens opened in the early morning and rain only stopped early next morning. That is more than 24 hours of cool, wet weather. My siblings and I love water, and get very excited whenever it rains. We become livelier then and like it most if the rain comes into the balcony and soaks us wet. You see, Singapore is so hot and it makes us feel so lethargic. Plus, hot weather means the sun is shining brightly, which means that we have less shade for our essential afternoon snooze.

Because of the torrendous rain, many parts of Singapore were flooded. My female owner commented in jest that if she released us to swim in the flood, we would all drown, because of our inability to swim. Why does she think that we cannot swim? Well... all because of a swimming lesson she put us through in January this year. If she had to grade us, I probably fail with flying colours. I was the only turtle who sank right to the bottom of the tank. At least my other siblings did some form of swimming.. before struggling for help.

See the photo below? Yah, that's me sinking right to the bottom of the tank. My female owner attributed this sinking act to my body weight. What more can I say?

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook