Sunday, December 03, 2006

chill-out spot

The first photo shows one of my favourite chill-out places. The second is a close-up shot. I can stone here for hours or even days, if my owners would allow me, that is. What do I like about this dark corner (it is about the size of a opened magazine - it looks bright in the photos because my female owner used flash)? The ability to survey the surroundings without being seen myself.
I've spent many hours watching my siblings at play. They each have their own idiosyncracies and antics which never fails to amuse me. Dodo for instance, loves to "climb the wall", as my owners would call it. He can spend hours trying to scale this pink wall, moving to and fro its entire length. I wonder why he does it day after day, night after night, despite not succeeding. There's a saying that goes something like "a fool does the same thing over and over again, expecting different results". I wonder what is Dodo expecting from this.
As for me, i'm contented to remain here, out of sight of my owners... and hopefully out of mind... Alas, my male owner has sealed up the place ever since my illness. He thinks that I got infected there (tell you a secret, the only way to get me out of the dark corner is to stick your arm in and grope in the dark to locate me. He's afraid of doing it because he thinks that I will bite him in the process!)

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook