Monday, April 20, 2009

sweet

My female owner can’t believe how nice some people can be.

Her female friends and her were recounting the tale of having to walk home from Toowong (at least 20mins away) at about 2300hr to a male driver friend. His immediate response was, “why didn’t you call us (as in any of the guys who has a car) to fetch you home?” The way he said it, it was as though he expected them to do that. My female owner started to protest (she doesn’t like to impose on others) but he said “it’s alright, we live nearby and it is so late already.”

Oww… so sweet. Hardly see such generous and caring spirit around. In Singapore, you usually get a lift home only if you are good friends with the driver, or live near him, or if he is a true gentleman. However, you don’t really call a random male friend to come and pick you up from wherever (impromptuly at that), unless he is your partner. Even then, you might face with some grouch for the last-minute request.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook