Thursday, April 02, 2009

darkest

¼ of 2009 is gone! I meant to write my traditional post about what my female owner has/ has not accomplished since the year started but my paws became itchy (maybe I caught it from my female owner) and I decided to check out what I wrote one year ago.

Lo and behold, last year this day was what my female owner termed as “the darkest day of (her) life”. It was the day when she had the clinic orientation and ended up feeling overwhelmed by the multitude of tasks (clinical, administrative and redundant) that awaited her. At that time, it seems impossible and outrageous to be able to complete all the required tasks.

One year on, she is of course amazed and thankful that she made it through… wasn’t exactly a breeze which she could honestly say that she enjoyed. More like a tsunami where she was clinging to God for dear life and sanity. An experience that she certainly won't want to go through again.

Each year brings about different sets of challenges. This year, my female owner has more time on her hands, but she feels that she has lost control of how things are unfolding for her. Perhaps this time, next year, she will kick herself silly for being so paranoid.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook