Friday, April 03, 2009

right

Having felt shortchanged about her current externship arrangements, my female owner has been praying to God to allow her to be “at the right place, at the right time” so that she will not have to struggle so much needlessly.

She found her first answered prayer today during bible school. One of the leaders called everyone who was going for a church conference next weekend (in Melbourne) into the bedroom as she wanted to give a short briefing. My female owner had been fretting over her miniature yellow backpack which might not be sufficient to hold all her warm clothes and had been wondering who would have a spare to loan her. Anyway, the briefing added another to-find item – a sleeping bag.

One of her friends suggested that she try to borrow a sleeping bag from someone who would not be going. My female owner was doubtful that she could coz firstly, a lot of people are going; secondly, a sleeping bag is not like toothbrush you know, it is not a common item.

Anyway, my female owner stopped the first bible study group member who was walking into the room just as she was about to leave the bedroom. She randomly popped the question: “do you have a sleeping bag?” He said, “yes, I have three, I can lend you”. Then my female owner pushed further, “erm… and a big backpack?” He smiled and nodded. "I will bring for you on Sunday."

Wow! At the right place, at the right time. My female owner found the things she needed even before she could step out of the bedroom. What an awesome provision. She even helped another sleeping bag seeker (who left the room earlier) obtain one from this member.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook