Sunday, April 19, 2009

miss

My female owner has been largely missing coz she is spending less time on MSN. Finally!!! A conviction she finally put into action. That means also that, I have less opportunity to get updates from her, and hence, the lower frequency of entries..

Anyway, my female owner made a startling discovery when she was chatting with her bible study group members on Friday. A few of them (all Asians) mentioned that while they were in Melbourne (for the convention), they started to miss Brisbane, coz Brisbane was their home. They missed their beds, their rooms, personal belongings and cars.

Brisbane was home?! How could you feel at home in a country that is not yours? Until now, my female owner still feels like an alien in Brisbane. Like Brisbane, Melbourne was just like another holiday destination for her. When my female owner is back in Singapore, she completely pushes Brisbane to the back of her mind and hardly contacts anyone from Brisbane. On the contrary, one guy said that when he returns to his home country, he would sms people in Brisbane to ask them what they are doing. ??

Her friends assured her that she would start to see Brisbane as home, as time passes. Err… how long would that take? My female owner dreads the day when she starts to feel at home in Brisbane, only to have to return to Singapore. See? She is full of anticipatory anxiety!

For all you know, she might never return to Singapore permanently. *glup* then what about us turtles??

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook