Sunday, March 22, 2009

drive

My female owner says that some things can only happen when you live in a university suburb with many church friends.

Today, she had dinner at a friend’s house in neighbouring Toowong. Dinner was good. Food yummy. Company flawless. Wholesome activities (UNO and movie) stretched till 2300hr.

Late and car-less, her two friends and her (who lived near one another in St Lucia) decided to walk home rather than to wait for the dodgy bus. Walking home would take about 30mins, at my female owner’s brisk-walking speed and she would need to negotiate about 10mins on her own.

Wondering if any driver-friends would happen to drive past, my female owner decided to strategise and asked one of her friends to walk in front. Her rationale was that her friend knew more people and thus, would have a higher chance of being recognised by passing cars.

Lo and behold, a church friend did drive past the trio but he was unable to stop then. The driver probably did a u-turn, coz he waited for them up ahead at the infamous Toowong bus stop. The gals gladly accepted the lift home and good thing they did, coz it started to drizzle 30secs after they entered the car.

Another instance of divine intervention!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook