Sunday, March 01, 2009

lull

My female owner has had a lull week, no thanks to her externship and internet plans gone awry. One week has come and gone and she is none the wiser on when she can resolve those issues. Test of her patience and adaptability it seems.

Anyway, with these frustrations looming at the back of her mind, my female owner was tossed a question during a mid-week dinner. Without knowing her actual age, one of her friends posed a thought-provoking question: “do you have goals which you want to achieve before you turn 30?”

To her horror, my female owner realised that never in her life had she set any before-30 goals. Sure, in the past, she wanted to get married by 25 and be a mother by 30. But it was never really a goal in the sense that she could not accomplish it alone. A couple of years ago, my female owner knew that her adolescent fantasy was not coming true (there was a time when my female owner was traditional in her mindset and not as individualistic as she is now) and decided to pursue her other long-time dream, which was to undergo postgrad training in psychology in Australia.

Yes, she is now living out her dream. Even though there was no before-30 goal to obtain her qualifications, her working assumption was that she would do it as soon as she could, married or not. So she is on the right track it seems.

The problem is, she has no other goals now. No wonder she has been feeling empty and aimless!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook