Sunday, March 29, 2009

Can Fren

My female owner made a new MSN friend (Can Fren) recently. In real life, Can Fren is a fellow aikidoka who recently rejoined her dojo after being away in Australia for a couple of years. My female owner did not remember him (what’s new) but she reckoned they had probably trained together for a short while before he left. So they trained together during the short period when my female owner was back in Singapore.

Anyway, now that she is back in BRisbane, Can Fren and her started chatting more over Facebook and one day, Can Fren asked her via FB for her MSN address. My female owner promptly replied his email. For the next one month, Can Fren and her kept up with their FB chats. As a result, my female owner was left wondering why he had not added her to MSN and even went back to her email to check that she had replied to his email.

Finally, during one of their FB exchanges, Can Fren asked her (probably out of exasperation) to “come on MSN” and in an eureka moment, my female owner realised that she had given him the wrong MSN address. Wahaha. So Can Fren had been waiting for one month for my female owner to come online while my female owner had been waiting for one month for him to add her! And despite their constant cyber contact, no one actually asked the other what happened! Such is their patience. Can Fren had thought that my female owner had been having problems with her internet/ too busy to come on. And my female owner just attributed to the male inefficiency.

In true blue female owner’s style, my female owner made Can Fren accept 5% of the blame for this mis-connection. Her argument was that he failed to complete what he started on, i.e. to get himself on my female owner’s MSN. Can Fren resisted coz his argument was that he had done his part, i.e. asked for her MSN address and made a request.

Finally Can Fren said that he would accept 5% of the blame, coz “can, you woman (or girl, my female owner’s preference), anything also can.” Such a nice Can Fren.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook