Tuesday, March 03, 2009

semester

Someone asked my female owner yesterday, “how was your first day of uni?”

My female owner’s response was, “the best I ever had! Didn’t go to school, lazed around the whole day, fed myself, napped, read for leisure…”

Certainly quite a far cry from what happened last year, where each new class she attended increased the amount of gloom and doom in her life.

Anyway, legend has it that she has less coursework and assessments to grapple with this semester. 2 modules, with 3 written assignments and 1 exam, possibly set on a single day. An externship that takes up 2-3 working days/ week. Again, she needs to clock up 100 hours of client contact and 150 hours of other related activities. Finally, a 10-hour paid RA work, helping her supervisor with his research (and possibly, expediting her thesis in the process).

In between all these, my female owner hopes to be able to spend more time pursuing leisure activities and building friendships with her bible study group and other individuals. She is also looking at spending less random time on the internet, in order to be more time efficient and productive.

Many exciting thoughts for Brisbane 2009. Its all about exploring new frontiers and letting go of familiar grounds. Professional, personal and spiritual development through more self-reflection and directed goal-setting. Appreciating the present rather than lamenting about the future or regretting the past.

My female owner is determined not to let this year slip her by, the way 2008 did. It is going to be a year of change for her. Yoo hoo!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook