Friday, March 13, 2009

free

My female owner is pleased to announce that her internet connection is finally up. Male Housemate spent 3hr+ on the computer, trying to fix issues with the modem and security password. He also borrowed my female owner’s lap-top to do his troubleshooting. At 11pm+, Female Housemate came out of their room to check on his progress. Very quickly, she sorted out the problem and viola! The right settings were configured and Housemates finally retired to bed. Yay, the whole point of this narration is to first, highlight that Male Housemate is reliable and a man of his word (coz he promised that he would sort things out for my female owner) and second, that a man still needs a woman after all.

On a separate note, my female owner finally accepted the high possibility that she would be relatively more free this year, as compared to last year. She is so ENG now, she even borrowed novels from the library to pass time. Of all books, she chose a Singaporean writer (Goh Poh Seng) who in, A Dance of Moths, explored the complex lives and human relationships of two men in modern Singapore. The main theme of the book was about the men’s sense of alienation and search for meaning in their lives. Ah, issues which her single friends are grappling with now…

Anyway, back to topic. The prospect of having greater flexibility in time and schedule is disturbing for my female owner. She feels insecure as she is supposed to be studying and not having an extended holiday. To cope with her concerns, my female owner tried to think of ways to maximise her time, such as doing two externships at the same time, so that she can cover the programme’s requirements as fast as possible.

In all her planning and scheming, she felt God telling her to let go of her human plans, and to trust Him to work things out for her. My female owner then realised that she had once again, tried to take matters in her own hands, or at least, tried to pre-empt difficulties by working out possible solutions. A sign that she is trying to be the master of her life.

Let go and let God.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook