Monday, March 30, 2009

trajectory

Despite moving up to a young working adult group, my female owner realised that she is probably still the oldest female in the group. Ah, such a role reversal. Growing up in her first (and most memorable and life-changing) cell group, my female owner was the baby of the group (yah, please don’t look at her physical size. In a way, my sister, Nanook, takes after my female owner. The biggest in size, but smallest in age).

Offhand, my female owner can’t recall how many gals were in the group. Probably about 15? It’s strange. Despite the years of growing up together in sweet innocence and earnest warmth, my female owner has never really once stopped to reminisce those years. It is as if she had subconsciously tried to dissociate herself from a part of her life which was once almost perfect, divine and innocent.

A time when her friends and her were more similar than different. When everyone was happy (most of the time). When everyone was so enthusiastic about God and church and worked together to organise events and camps.

15 years on. Each gal pursuing her own life trajectory. Now more different than similar. Some still close as ever. Others have somehow vanished. Friendships once warm with love have gone cold with neglect.

同人不同命

If the gals had known life would turn out the way it had for each of them, would they have done anything to change their life’s trajectory? The decisions you make today, affects the course of your tomorrow.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook