Thursday, October 02, 2008

flair

My female owner has been missing. The more deadlines she has, the less she does. She translates her time and energy into procrastinating activities. I seriously believe she has a natural flair for this. Like yesterday, she went to school to do some administrative things… and ended up going for a three hour impromptu dinner with her only other Asian coursemate. All the way to Sunnybank, 20mins drive away, which is an Asian enclave.

Then they went back to school at about 2100hr to continue their work… with all good intentions… but they started chatting about other stuff. You know, those heart-to-heart kind of chat? And so my female reached home about midnight and continued her work. She realised that she probably should do work at home, instead of trying to work in school.

And she went to school today, tired and zonked out. When she was about to start work after having an impromptu lunch with her Therapist Fren, she realised that her research supervisor replied to her email regarding her research proposal and had offered a consultation time 5mins from that time she read the email. And so, she ran off to his office for an impromptu meeting… that lasted 1hr 45mins. More on that later.

After the meeting, she went off to find her Therapist Fren again to walk home together. Learning from her lesson the previous day, my female owner intended to work at home. But her Therapist Fren invited her into her house... And my female owner went in and spent some time chatting again. When she finally got home at 1800hr, she had her dinner… and went to take a nap (sleep-deprived rem?) for two hours!

And woke up with the “oh-shit” feeling. Queen of procrastination indeed.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook