Saturday, October 11, 2008

birth

A lazy day for my female owner.. She stayed up till 0400hr this am marking what she calls “bloody lousy essays”. She’s a tutor for a second-year course and part of her job responsibility is to mark her students’ assignments. 37 2500-word essays. She says that it is a surreal feeling, being on the other side of the fence now.

And so, she slept in today and woke up at 1300hr! Half the day gone.

Random thoughts flow through her mind, even as she procrastinates on starting her work..

Her Onli Fren has given birth, two weeks early. Based on her psychological assessment of his early arrival, my female owner is of the professional opinion that the baby is smart, driven, has a mind of his own and most importantly, kind-hearted and empathetic, eager to relieve his mother of the burden of pregnancy.

My female owner, being a little premature, thinks that she was never really ready to face the world being forced out of her mother’s womb, so that she could be born before the end of the year. Her mother wanted my female owner to “save” a year in terms of starting school. But my female owner’s argument was that had she been born in January, she would have an extra 12-month period to develop her physical, cognitive and emotional capabilities… and probably do better than her peers in her growing up years and possibility be leading a different life now.

Ah, the joy of blaming others for one’s lack of success!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah such a nice psychological assessment of baby! is it professional? anyway i never knew you were premature baby!

Anonymous said...

ah... i think i know who you are... i managed to mask my inadequacies.. by mixing around with clever people like you. =)

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook