Tuesday, October 14, 2008

shocks

My female owner has reverted to her junior college days, somewhat. She took a nap last night for 2.5hrs and ended up sleeping at 0600hr today. She woke up at 1300hr (slept through sunshine and renovation from outside and next door). Amazing sleepy head! In her junior college days (eons ago, apparently), she used to go home after school to sleep and wake up when it was dark and work through the night, before going to school. Upside down cycle indeed. My female owner is just more productive at night I think.

Anyway, she had a few shocks today.

Firstly, her Grandma client who used to torment her by not coming. She found out that Grandma’s 26 year old daughter (the one who forced Grandma to go for parenting programme with my female owner) is gay. It was shocking because she usually brings her three-year old daughter (through IVF) to sessions.

Seems like it is trendy these days for gay couples to procreate through IVF. My female owner has another female gay couple who came to her with issues concerning their three-year old daughter. Sounds similar, except that this mother is in her very early 20s. My female owner was also amazed at Grandma’s openness to her daughter’s sexual preferences (who disclosed her orientation 9 years ago).

While Grandma hated coming for those sessions early in the programme, Grandma is now willing to come by herself. Grandma and my female owner even had a little chat about how Grandma had changed over the past few months and Grandma said that what made her change was that my female owner was so nice. Hmm… no free sessions for saying that! She even shocked my female owner by recounting what my female owner said in previous sessions (my female owner always felt that Grandma was not fully engaged during the sessions).

The second major shock was that my female owner found out that one of her students in her tutorial had sought psychological help at the clinic. My female owner cannot put a face to the name but she recognised the name. The student had applied for an extension and attached the email to her assignment. My female owner wished she could do something to help her. She ended up writing a little note of encouragement/ acknowledgement before marking her written assignment. My female owner was impressed by the quality of her work, even though it was half-written. However, she could not pass the paper.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook