Friday, October 31, 2008

escape

I think I mentioned once before, that being a driving instructor for decades, my female owner’s father has developed a good and strong heart to deal with shocks and unexpected turn of events.

His good and strong heart brought him through yet another shock two days ago. You see, my female owner’s mother had been away for more than a week. So life’s been pretty boring, with just her father in the house. And despite all her mother had said in the past about how my female owner shouldn’t waste money bringing us to the vet etc, I know that her mother really cares for us (at this point, I realise that I’m getting very long-winded).

So anyway, I missed her mother and knowing that she would be back yesterday, I decided to find a way to spring a surprise on her. My plot was to welcome her back, by waiting for her in her room. And as luck would have it, on Wednesday, my female owner’s father forgot to replace the fencing that kept us in the Balcony, and with all my mighty might, I climbed out of the Balcony and headed towards the master bedroom.

As I was a day early, I decided to snooze under a cupboard… and my great escapade probably tired me out so much that I overslept… and woke up only when her mother returned home and turned the house upside down trying to locate me (she has a knee problem and is quite round, but she has to go on her fours in search of me).

Sob, so much for trying to surprise her. My attempt became a nasty shock to the elderly couple. In addition, Dodo, my gentle alpha male brother, chided me for being the sole author of that fiasco. My female owner also almost had a heart attack when her mother told her that I was missing ("your big-head turtle went missing")

Big-head??

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook