Friday, October 17, 2008

essay

Time to write about my female owner’s day. I have nothing much to write, because the same old stuff, that she’s being swarmed by work, no thanks to her poor organisational skills and time management.

Oh yes, let me write about her essay-marking experience.

She realised that you can predict whether an essay will be good right from the beginning, when you read the introduction (or lack of it).

Secondly, the amount of space dedicated to the first section (and easiest) part of the essay. For 8 marks out of 40, some students use half the permitted space to address this first section.

Thirdly, number of references (just turn to the back page). If you can count the number of references on one hand or a half, chances are, you will have to spend a long time on the essay, trying to reasons to give out mercy marks.

While she spent many painstaking nights marking those essays, she did enjoy the experience (she’s a well-know sadist-masochist, she likes to do things the hard way…)

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook