Wednesday, October 22, 2008

special

My female owner finally heard from her aikido instructor. He sent her an email when he was in Japan attending a once-in-four-years International Aikido Federation congress. Yeah, bet you didn’t know that there are such things as aikido conferences.

Well… my female owner said that she would have gone, if she were still in Singapore.

Anyway, he apologised for not writing to her earlier because he had been caught up with work. Ah… he made it up with a good long email, updating her about his life and aikido happenings. Makes her wanna return home fast to train again.

Aikido makes up such a huge part of her life. It’s not just the philosophy or the exercise or friends that made this sport so special to her. Through the training, she learnt to be ambidextrous (sort-of), to relate to people from all walks of life, to be humble and teachable, to be alert (not quite there yet I must say), to be disciplined, to collaborate with others, to care for others, to enjoy pain (haha), to basically be a better person.

No wonder she misses training with fellow aikidokas, so much so that she did some rolling in her huge living room just now..

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook