Saturday, October 18, 2008

call

My female owner received another call from Singapore today. Her Impromptu Frens calling her impromptu-ly... inviting her to join them at Vivocity. Well… It’s always nice to receive calls from home, especially if you are not expecting them. Once in a while, her Functional Fren would contact her and that usually brightens her day. Given that most of the calls she makes these days are regarding work and that not many people chats on the mobile, I can see why "chatting calls" perk her up.

My female owner says that mobile charges in Brisbane is high. Local SMS costs $0.25 while international SMS costs $0.35! Given that the costs don’t differ much, my female owner naturally prefers to send international messages.

Using mobiles to make local calls are a killer. $0.39 just to connect a call. $0.29/30 secs thereafter. The luxury of chatting on mobile phones (like Singapore) is non-existent in Brisbane apparently. There were a few times when my female owner ended up paying about $5.00 for a phone-call! Exorbitant prices!

Using a landline to call mobile phones is not a luxury either. My female owner hasn’t work out the cost yet (different service providers and different plans provide different price plans, but they are usually time-based). Some say it’s sometimes cheaper to use a mobile phone to call. Landline to landline is more stable. It is $0.17/call on her housephone.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook