Monday, September 29, 2008

productive

My female owner has her most productive in her clinical placement yet. She managed to clock 6hrs to client hours in a single day (that’s like 3% of her total quota of 200 hrs).

Started bright and early, with a IQ assessment that ran for 3 hours. Then a quick lunch with her Therapist Fren (note: newly named friend). Then an intake interview with a mother who wanted her teenage daughter to get some supportive work. After talking to my female owner, the mother ended up feeling that her daughter had no major issues (and this was largely true, based on a questionnaire she filled in).

Then my female owner called one new neuropsych client to make an appointment. She also called her Grandma client to make sure that she would be coming in the evening. And my female owner finally had some time to write up her case notes… before she got distracted by her Therapist Fren.. and in distracting each other, they sprang up a dinner date on Friday at my female owner’s house.

And off my female owner went… to meet Grandma..who was late. And because of that, she called another new client to chat and ended up booking in the client’s daughter for a neuropsych assessment on this Thurs and Fri. That is a highly anxious mother!

And Grandma eventually came.. with the grandson in tow… Ending at almost 2100hr, my female owner decided to stay back to do some work… Ahh…

And a look at what’s on my female owner’s plate for this mid-semester break (excluding today):

Expected 9.5hrs of client hours (some of which requires preparation)
1 CBT/IPT essay to complete
1 N=1 case study to complete
1 research introduction to complete
1 research proposal powerpoint slides to complete
2 supervisions to prepare for
At least 10 year two essays to mark (37 eventually)
1 tutor meeting to attend
Files to update/ close
1 assessment essay to complete

That’s 6 days to complete everything…before a new load comes in next week.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook