Saturday, September 06, 2008

kite

My female owner doesn’t like big groups, unless she is familiar with almost everyone in that group (e.g. her aikido friends). Given the choice between a big-group event and an intimate small group gathering, she rather attends the latter. She is also likely to “fly kite” for big-group gatherings.

In addition, my female owner can get fairly territorial. Once a small group/ clique has been established, she doesn’t like to include newbies as she doesn’t want a) to put in effort to make small talk b) to have to get used to new group dynamics. This explains why she didn’t make the effort to talk to new colleagues at her previous workplace until she got used to having them around. Many of them later became her good friends.

She gets irritated too, if people bring along their partners without first informing the original group (unless it is clear from the start that people can BYOF – bring your own friends). She feels that partners upset intimate group dynamics and hence, would like to be forewarned about their presence beforehand.

Hence, she probably comes across as anti-social and grouchy.

Ah, running (or rather, crawling) off topic again. What I meant to write about was that, my female owner flew a last minute kite today. She was getting ready to attend bible study in the evening, when her host invited her for an impromptu dinner at her home. And so she went for dinner with her host instead. She ended up meeting a gay writer/ lawyer. How exciting.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook