Sunday, September 07, 2008

cycle

Today is a special day. Not because it’s Father’s Day in Australia but because it’s my female owner’s parents’ wedding anniversary! Without them, there is no her. With no her, there is no me (and us turtles).

Since the two of them are back to square one (i.e. just two of them without any children in the house), they went out for a hot date to one of their favourite restaurants in good old AMK.

Such is the life-cycle of a human being. Start life as a helpless babe, grow up, study hard to get a good job, find a partner, get married, enjoy a two-person world, make babies (timing and number of children depends largely on the latest trendy government policy), bring them up, set them free (the new-age children are no longer bound to traditional mindsets), and back to a two-person world (and if you are unlucky, petsit your adult child's left-behind pets). Only that now, you are much older and wiser (with the benefit of hindsight).

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook