Sunday, September 14, 2008

phonecall

Like her clients, my female owner has good days and bad days. Good days are days when she feels adjusted in Brisbane and when she is able to think about Singapore fondly without any anxiety, panic or depression. Bad days are when she starts to miss Singapore and gets feelings of homesickness, longing and frustration (among many other feelings).

The good news is that the length of uninterrupted good days are getting longer and the bad news is, well, my female owner still gets those bad days.

My female owner had/ is having her latest bout last Friday. This time, it was triggered by fears of her parents’ health. My female owner has been getting worried about her parents’ health, because they have a few chronic illnesses and are not getting any younger. Because of this, she questions the wisdom of being in Brisbane, separated from them, leaving them to take care of themselves.

Her fear turned to panic when she didn’t see her parents online on Friday. Could they be hiding something from her? Did something happen to either of them?

Ah, emo owner!

Anyway, her bad day (which split over to Saturday obviously) was partly lifted when her Impromptu Frens called her on her mobile unannounced on Saturday night! Ah, how exciting and heart-warming, to hear those familiar voices all at once. They sounded so close, as if she could leave her house and meet them within half an hour.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook