Wednesday, September 10, 2008

EQ

My female owner had an impromptu personal feedback session with her Functional Fren last night. It all started with a MSN chat about IQ and EQ. The two of them started comparing scores and analysing what they meant as a whole.

My female owner didn’t score very high on EQ. This was something she expected, given her volatile emotions and temperamental quirks. Functional Fren felt that my female owner had not answered the questions accurately and somehow the conversation steered towards how Functional Fren felt that she was being overly emotionally dependent on her friends. Which in turn translates into how my female owner had been selective in choosing her friends (that’s how the Onli Fren and Second Onli Fren started – they were christened at a point in her life where my female owner felt that she had no other friends). “Selective” had also been a word that her Intuitive Fren used recently to describe the way she made friends. When two independent psychologically-minded raters (psych-babble here) both reach the same conclusion (across two different continents) and present it to you without being prompted, there must be some truth in it.

Her Functional Fren challenged her to make friends with people for who they are, without assessing first, if they could be trusted to meet her emotional needs. That analysis was spot on (although my female owner started off saying that she has always been distant from people except a few friends) in that it helped her to resolve some sub-conscious conflicts which she was never really aware of.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook