Friday, September 12, 2008

disconnect

My female owner finally had a weekday to herself, where she didn’t need to go to school for any reason.

Alas, she woke up to unannounced drilling from her immediate neighbours. She found out later that they were going to renovate their house for three months!

And to make her day worse, she couldn’t connect to the internet, despite troubleshooting all possible faults and checking umpteen times that her connection was working. Usually she would be able to reset the modem within minutes, or even if she couldn’t log into MSN, she could still download emails to surf the internet. Today, cyberspace was out of reach.

Hence, she spent the morning engulfed with deafening drilling and unconnected to the world. What a way to start her precious free weekday!

She finally located the source of the mis-connection three hours after waking… turns out that the telephone line (which was in her housemate’s room) was dislodged by the weight of a pillow. So technically, she was connected but disconnected. Hmmm…

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook