Monday, September 22, 2008

introspection

My female owner has noticed that she is reverting to her Singapore lifestyle… where God and church were obligations she fulfilled on Sundays.

It was quite confronting for her to realise that even though she has less distraction here in Brisbane, yet her heart is not aligned with God. She finds herself trying to think of ways to get out of church activities. If she has responsibilities, she would fulfil them. Otherwise, she is pretty much hands or heart-off. I think she's tired of trying to be "good".

Anyway, after spending a few days at the Gold Coast without MSN, my female owner realised that she can get by without this cyber addiction. Hence today, she connected to the internet with the intention of not signing onto MSN. She decided to check out her Facebook.

Surprise surprise, soon after, Mr Squabbles made contact with her via Facebook chat. My female owner was pleasantly surprised as it had been a long time since they chatted with each other.

Once again, my female owner couldn’t help but feel that it was a God-arranged exchange. The conversation started out random, but very quickly being God-centred.

The past week had not been emotionally and mentally smooth for my female owner. Recently, Functional Fren triggered her introspection journey with his insightful comments. Then she did a personality test which revealed strange results. After that, she escaped to the Gold Coast with a fellow postgrad psychology student. The two like-minded people expend a lot of time and psychological energy talking about themselves, their personalities, their views, convictions, beliefs, passions etc. Television programme became psychological analyses of the main characters. Reaching back to Brisbane, my female owner caught up with Potahto. They spent a couple of hours bouncing off abstract ideas, using concrete terms. Again, an intensive period where my female owner looked inward to herself, trying to comprehend herself and her past actions.

Today, Mr Squabbles listened to her air her confusion and inner conflicts and provided God-centred directions. It was like a breath of fresh air, coz my female owner was no longer looking to herself for answers, but to God for strength and purpose. My female owner had been finding it hard to connect to her church friends on an intimate level and it was good that God arranged for a Christian brother to hear her out and let her know that He is still watching over her.

And as usual, Mr Squabbles ended by saying he would keep her in his prayers.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook