Friday, September 26, 2008

eureka

My female owner had a personal reflection session with her second supervisor today (S2). He pointed out that she seemed to be having problems with anxious clients and wondered what could be contributing to it.

My female owner reckoned that it was due to her “high personal anxiety” as her former boss once described. Her anxiety might have rubbed off the wrong way on her two anxious clients, causing them to lose confidence in therapy.

Does it mean that she will never be able to treat anxious people?

On the bright side, today, my female owner closed a 11-session parenting programme with a pair of parents whom she saw over the course of 4 months. This set of parents is the first to complete the full programme and they came out of it feeling satisfied with the outcomes. My female owner enjoyed working with them, even though there were times my female owner was certain that they would terminate on her (see her anxiety seeping into different aspects of her life?!). The Eureka look on their faces had been priceless, as they received revelations and answers to their child’s behavioural problems.

The greatest compliments given over the course of this programme was when the mother said that my female owner would make a great parent and even today, when she said that they should just bring my female owner home with them.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook