Sunday, July 19, 2009

noh

My female owner has problems saying no, the aussie way.

She was at a CBT party last night. That’s what happens when a group of clinical psychologists get together. They do Cakes and Biscuits Therapy on one another.

The random topics shifted to accents. One of my female owner’s pet fascinations. So many ways to sound one thing. The group tried to get two Canadians and her to speak with an Aussie accent.

“I paked the ca at the ca pak.”

This bewildered my female owner. Why can’t you just pronounce the “r”s?? Strongly agreed by the Canadians.

Anyway, back to Aussie Accent 101. My female owner tried to learn to say no, the aussie way… Noooo. Nnnoooo… Ah, finally someone explained to her that it’s noh… like “no” with a “oh”

Looks like she needs more lessons. For the time being, my female owner is in a dangerous position… since she can’t say no.

2 comments:

I-F said...

can't say noh... can't say yieah... walao; what's this turt to do? ^^

turtleangel said...

dunno leh... u tell me loh... mebbe this turt should balek kampung, swim (or float, fat mah) back to sunny singapore?

wat u think? can anot?

anyway hoh, why u so like that? reduce to I-F? so lazzyyy liao. tsk tsk. cannot like that lah.

aiyah, aniwae, why cant aussies just let yes be yes and no be no?? what yieah? what noh?

duh. =)

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook