Tuesday, July 14, 2009

birthday


It’s our birthday today (that's me on the left and Nanook on the right)! 7 years old! As old as a child starting primary school.

My female owner always celebrated our birthdays. She usually spends some time in the Balcony and sings us a birthday song. We will miss the song this year, since she’s gallivanting in Brisbane.

Just on this topic, Functional Fren was freaked out last night when my female owner publicised her birthday wishes for us over MSN and FB. He couldn’t figure out why people would wish turtles happy birthday (what’s wrong with that?!) and told my female owner to get a boyfriend.

Huh? Potahto Fren and my female owner were perplexed by the randomness of his comments.

He then explained that at least a boyfriend would respond to her greetings. To which my female owner’s retort was that even ordinary friends would acknowledge birthday greetings… except maybe Functional Fren coz she didn’t remember him responding to her birthday wishes a few months back.

Wahaha. And yes, he was caught and had to apologise for his non-response then.

Still on this topic, Onli Fren shares the same birthday as us, and got “upset” that she wasn’t mentioned in my female owner’s MSN tagline. My female owner explained that she was just one of Onli Fren’s many friends, whereas she was the world to us turtles (so true!) And being Onli Fren, she sent us her birthday greetings too! So sweet.

Still still on this topic, my female owner told Intuitive Fren last week that it would be our birthday today and his response was “how old would they be?” Seven years old was the answer. “Time to cook them”. Wah. Didn’t know we have so many enemies. My female owner said that he had to queue up after her father who had been waiting in line for a long time.

Still still still on this topic, Dodo and Dona came over to give us a birthday pat just now. Such tender-hearted brothers!

So there. The joy of pets’ birthday is meant to be shared and embraced by others. Have a great day too.

4 comments:

tedde said...

Who said enemies? I like to have a bite of my frens frm time to time. Then i can tell them whether they're bitter or tasty :)

bbb..ccc...watever said...

eh! hungry boi, leave my turtles alone, who says they are your frens! and... cant you tell if someone is bitter or tasty by your intuition?

tedde said...

taste by intuition has been found lacking...

turtleangel said...

well... your underdeveloped inadequate neuron has nothing to do with my peace-loving, adorable and bashful turtles. go watch masterchef lah... might help.

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook