Wednesday, July 15, 2009

long

For the first time since she went back to Brisbane, my female owner skipped church last Sunday. The observant reader would know that she was away at the Coast.

My female owner only told a couple of people beforehand that she would be away, on a need-to-know basis (e.g. they wanted to meet her on Sunday but she couldn’t). She didn’t expect any reactions from anyone and was surprised at some of the reactions.

One smsed her on Sunday itself, about dinner time, to ask if she was ok and if she would like to join them for steamboat at someone’s house. My female owner replied to say that she was at the Coast and assumed that the information was communicated to the rest of the group.

To her surprise, someone else smsed her on Monday to ask if she was ok since she didn’t see her on Sunday.

Yesterday, during prayer meeting, another tapped her from the back and exclaimed “so long never see you!” (my female owner was stunned coz she just saw him the previous Friday).

And the funniest took place today, when another one smsed to say that he hadn’t seen her for so long (but it had only been 5 days…) and asked if she had gone on holiday or something. He also expressed surprise that she was at the prayer meeting. My female owner was amused coz firstly, why would he be surprised, secondly, she spoke to him after prayer meeting and he didn’t ask her anything then.

But actually, 5 days can be a long time. My female owner did miss her church friends when she was at the Coast. Just weird, she says, being away from them.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook