Monday, July 20, 2009

axe

My female owner says that the more things she learns to cook, the less options she has when it comes to eating out. This is because she rather not buy food that she can cook. So far, this includes all kinds of fried rice, chicken curry, mapo tofu, stir-fry meats/ vegetables, muffins, some types of noodles, pastas and one new addition today, porridge.

Yes! She cooked her maiden porridge, shredded chicken porridge today, coz she just felt like it. She’s quite happy with it, coz its clean, healthy and piping hot, just right for winer. She thought that it was strange that she took so long to do something so basic.

Still save from the no-order list (mainly because of the complexity of the recipe) are items like laksa, fried chicken wings, Coles's roast chicken (an all-time fave), sweet and sour pork and erm… most kinds of non-Chinese cuisines?

Although she can’t cook Hainanese Chicken Rice, it got the axe, coz she hasn’t found a place which sells it at a respectable standard (not to her cooking… but to her Singaporean taste-buds).

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook