Friday, July 03, 2009

curl

My female owner is in an angsty kind of mood now. She’s pricked by issues concerning her work, placement, finances, housemates and erm, weight. Annoyances that add up. She tries not to express them out (hence, I’m not writing them down here) as she doesn’t want to gripe about “everyday matters”. There are bigger issues out in the world. Yet, she knows that she is doing herself a disservice too, by suppressing her negative emotions. Not good for the heart. That’s when she starts to curl up and get restless and blow this big bubble around her to insulate herself.

My female owner takes after her father in this aspect. Her father keeps his emotions/ temper in check by putting up with things and turning his anger inwards. Hence, he hardly raised his voice at his children. However, when he explodes, he really explodes. My female owner had been on the receiving end of his explosion before. During one incident, he threatened to disown her (now, the issue was apparently quite minor – when my female owner was really 18 years old, she wanted to go on an overseas trip with another female friend).

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook