Thursday, July 16, 2009

bleak

My female owner is flat-out from her first day at placement. She doesn’t quite know whether it’s mental exhaustion or physical exhaustion or simply aging.

Mental because she was over-simulated by new faces, surroundings and information.

Physical because she walks to and fro work. That’s 30mins of brisk walking covering 2.4km per trip. Actually, she went to her placement site yesterday because she had to sign her contract and today, she ended up with a sore right butt today which she couldn’t understand why. Neither can I. I mean, did she use her right butt to walk?

Aging? She was never that exhausted working in her previous organisation, even though she put in longer hours. Or maybe she was, just that she had forgotten. Well, that’s aging too, isn’t it?

Me reckons, as her long-suffering pet, that it’s a combination of all three. How would a psychologist formulate her presenting problems? Maybe, physical exhaustion precipitated by aging, perpetuated by mental degeneration. Hmmm… sounds bleak.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook